KRI Level One – Foundations
The Kundalini Yoga global community is suffering deeply. There is an active investigation of alleged sexual misconduct by Yogi Bhajan (latest update) and 300 people have shared information about the allegations and 100 interviews have been conducted. The report is set to come out in June/July 2020. We have cancelled our trainings at this time (also due to COVID-19). We are all processing this in different ways, on different levels and at different times. When the dust settles and we align with what is true for us as teachers, we will decide to reschedule, or move in a new direction. We know the healing power of this yogic technology and we hope to be a part of the rebirth of Kundalini Yoga. We thank all of the brave people who came forward to speak their truth. Please contact us for more info, yoga resources and support.
This Inaugural International Training will be a once in a lifetime special event!
Our Level One will be in a three intensive week model: September, December and March. This model will not only be an effective way to achieve continuity and build a high concentration of potent yogic technology but also a grounded way to allow integration and marination between weeks.
If you are looking for alternative course models, we completed our KRI Level One Training at Hacienda de Guru Ram Das in New Mexico, USA and highly recommend their month long immersion as well as the incredible International Immersion Courses facilitated by our teacher, Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa. Another fantastic local option is the 8-month weekend model offered by Yoga West in Vancouver.
- Awakening Consciousness: The Practice and Principles of Kriya and Meditation
- History & Philosophy of Yoga
- Asana: Principles of Alignment
- Pranayam: Principles of the Breath
- Sound & Mantra: The Science of Naad
- Becoming a Teacher: Identity and Projection
- Becoming a Yogi: Humanology and Lifestyle Studies
- Professional Ethics and Applied Settings
- Physical and Subtle Anatomy
- Practicum: Teaching from Day One
Level One Teacher Training in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® is a transformative experience, whether you decide to teach or simply use it as an opportunity for personal growth, you will change. Those changes can be a challenge to your family and your community. Don’t take it personally; and definitely don’t make any big decisions during Teacher Training. Simply allow yourself to dive deeply into your own identity – and above all, Keep Up!
The course is a physical and mental challenge. Do your best to set up your life to support your Teacher Training experience because, once it’s over, your Teacher Training experience will definitely support your life!
- Sheepskin + Fur Free
- Safe, Sacred Space for Men + Women
You can miss 10% or 20 hours of the entire course and make the time up with homework; any additional time off, you would need to either pay to participate in another training or pay for a trainer to sit with you and go over the content – basically paying for a private session. If you miss more than 20% of the course (even with make-up work), you are not eligible for certification.
- There will be a $150 non-refundable deposit upon application
- Applicants will be contacted for an entrance interview prior to acceptance
- Rates include tuition, manuals, certification + a one-year IKYTA membership
- EARLY REGISTRATION: $4050 CAD (3100 USD) paid in full by May 1st
- STANDARD REGISTRATION: $4750 CAD (3600 USD) after May 1st
- LATE REGISTRATION after Sept 7th: $4900 CAD (3750 USD)
- 5% GST will be applicable
- White Tantric Yoga is not included and must be completed for certification
- Please inquire for payment plan option
- Accommodations not included
- International registrants please inquire for accommodation options
- $200 cancellation fee before June 1st
- $500 cancellation fee between June 1st – Sept 10th
- No refund after Sept 10th regardless of attendance
- No refund after the program has commenced
- No refund on course manuals
- Send completed LEVEL ONE Student Intake and Registration Form to email@example.com