Groups offer an ideal format to give members an opportunity to connect with others who share similar struggles, while allowing therapists to care for 6-10 participants in one appointment.
Benefits of Group Therapy:
- Improve quality of care and health outcomes
- Increase participants access to care
- Provide an additional health care choice
- Provide support from other group members
- Learn from questions posed by other members
- Improve the therapeutic alliance between group members
Applicants must be willing and able to take part in a group setting and have a Healthcare Provider (HCP) referral to ensure adequate support for any ongoing or new medical issues that arise during or after the group program.
Applicants with acute/severe mental health symptoms (e.g., psychosis, suicidality, active flashbacks etc), history of violent behaviours or other issues that would impair their participation, disrupt others in regular group activities or require specialized care (e.g., personality disorders) are NOT APPROPRIATE REFERRALS. We welcome you to contact us with any additional questions.